Monday, February 2, 2015

My Excess


Images from my life that represent what I consider to be excess

It may be difficult to see excess in just one of these images individually but when I look at all these things grouped together, I definitely see where I could cut back on my consumption of unnecessary things. When I see my Jeep I think about driving less. When I see all these different times I have bought a coffee and a snack just for something to do I then think about how these things unnecessarily increase my carbon footprint. Eating out at restaurants is something that should be a treat and can be wasteful in many ways that cooking at home with local goods is not. I also see the gadgets I have, like my camera or computer and others, that I don't necessarily need to live my life. They may have been made in a different country by people who may not be paid enough, just to be shipped back here, maybe across seas, and purchased by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment